Past the blog before date



Now where were we exactly before I got sidetracked by life, work and beavertails? Right, first there was the Dulce de Leche, followed by some Tricked Out Banana Bread and the promise of alfajores to come.

It seems like an eternity ago that I smacked my powdered lips on these fine specimens and, because of that, half of me is feeling a bit guilty for writing this. I have the sense that there is an expiry date on blogability, after which point you risk being perceived as disingenuous by your readers.

But then the other half (the angel? the devil? on my shoulder) reasons that it would be selfish and borderline irresponsible of me not to share these cookies. And if there's one thing I don't want to be, it's irresponsible. So alfajores pour tout le monde!

With copious amounts of cornstarch among the ingredients, the dough for these cookies can be a bit challenging to shape and roll. But damp hands can do wonders for creating cohesion where none appears to exist. And I have faith in your abilities with a rolling pin. Just don't take as long to make them as I did to tell you about them.

Notes: Roll in coconut, dip in chocolate, or keep it simple stupid. Either way, don't skimp on the lemon zest, and let your cookies cool completely before spreading them with dulce de leche to avoid the (delicious) gooeyness pictured above.

Source: This post at Pip in the city.

Labels: