Carrot and rosemary scones



And you thought all that orange was cheddar. Have no fear, though, these scones are chock full of Parmesano Reggiano straight from Parma, Italy. Combined with fragrant fresh rosemary and the unmistakable bite of Dijon mustard, these scones are a rich and flavourful side to soup or salad, or a tasty snack all on their own.

You'd never know it from this blog, but my favourite weekday lunch (or dinner) is a bowl of hearty soup or chili and a hunk of break or savoury biscuit for dunking. My kind of soup can be hard to come by in France, where tastes seem to favour smooth, thin veloutés drunk from a cup like juice. Thank goodness for our investment in a sturdy lidded sauté pan, from which I can crank out my own soup creations. As the weather (and our apartment) chills, I imagine I'll be spending more and more quality time over bubbling brews.

Notes: I divided the original recipe in half and made 4 monster scones.

Source: Mini-Scones à la Carotte et au Romarin, Chocolate & Zucchini, 17 October 2007.

Labels: